Tips from Past Hospital Design Conference Attendees
1. Pack (and dress) for a comfort and convenience. The weather and the session rooms can go from chilly to warm depending upon time of day, so consider dressing in layers. Wear comfortable shoes. Pack your phone charger. (But if you forget that last one, don’t panic. The Veterinary Economics Hospital Design Conference will have charging stations in the Exhibit Hall.)
2. Plan ahead: Visit the online program pages, and the final program in your registration packet for the most current schedule and meeting room information.
3. Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with colleagues and exhibitors. The “family style” lunches are a perfect place to ask questions, share ideas, and learn from others.
4. Bring your floor plans, financial information, and your folder or notebook of ideas. All will be helpful as you attend sessions, talk with faculty, and share ideas with colleagues.
5. Review the list of exhibiting sponsors and make plans to visit with “must see” companies before or after session breaks, when you can receive more personal attention. You likely have questions about products and services you use now or would like to add to your repertoire. But when you’re standing there on the exhibit hall floor, you’re not likely to remember the specifics. Spending just a few minutes before you’re there can make the time you spend way more valuable for you.