Enjoy what rural San Diego County has to offer—from the back of a motorcycle! Join veterinary behaviorist Dr. John Ciribassi on a motorcycle ride up to Palomar Mountain and Observatory, setting off the morning of Friday, December 14. Return the morning of Saturday, December 15 and find your way back to some great CE.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to bring your bike with you (unless you want to). Rentals will be available.
Here’s the plan:
- Meet at Cycle Vision (4263 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110: 619-795-1795, cyclevisionsrental.com) at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018. Helmets and insurance are included in the rental. You can take Uber or take the green line from the Convention Center stop and exit at the Old Town Stop. Walk west on Congress and north on Taylor 0.3 mi to Cycle Visions.
- Leave the shop by 9:30 a.m., riding north through the Barona Indian Reservation and the town of Ramona
- Continue up Rt. 79 through Cleveland National Forest
- Ride the “twisties” up Palomar Mountain along South Grade Road
- Stop for lunch at Mother’s Kitchen Restaurant at the top of Palomar Mountain
- Tour Palomar Observatory
- Head back down the mountain and stop in Ysabel at the famous Julian Pie Company for a treat
- Ride into the town of Julian and the Vulcan Mountain Winery for a (responsible) tasting
- Ride south on Sunrise Highway into Pine Valley
- Dinner, including 1 hour of CE on Feline Elimination Disorders
- Stay overnight at the Pine Valley Inn ($80 double occupancy)
- Return to San Diego and Cycle Vision by 9 a.m. on Saturday morning to return the bikes
- Uber or train back to the San Diego Convention Center
Other important details: Budget for renting your motorcycle, food and your accommodations on Friday night. The ride is appropriate for riders with intermediate level of experience or greater. This ride is not suitable for beginning riders. Ride will take place rain or shine.
Participation is limited to 8 people. RSVPs are also required to attend. Book here:
After RSVPing via the form above, then please ensure your motorcycle and hotel reservations are also made. All participants are required to make their own hotel reservations and motorcycle rental reservations.
Motorcycle reservations: Cycle Vision, 4263 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110, 619-795-1795, cyclevisionsrental.com (Use the code “UBM” for a 10% discount.)
Hotel reservations: Pine Valley Inn, 28940 Old Hwy. 80, Pine Valley, CA 91962, 619-473-8560, pinevalleyinn.com
This promotion maybe advertised on a UBM website, but this promotion is in no-way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with UBM.